Film/Movies and eReserve

Subject: Film/Movies and eReserve
From: "Kenley Neufeld" <kenleyneufeld@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:36:11 -0700
Dear colleagues:

I have searched the archives, but have not found anything that specifically
addresses my question (apologies if it has been discussed previously).

We have a class that assigns students to watch documentary films, on the
course subject matter, in the library. The students make a selection from
about 200 titles and watch them on our equipment (non-circulating). The
faculty would now like to offer this class online.

If we can digitize the collection, can we place entire films on electronic
reserve? The electronic reserve would be only accessible to students in the
class and the videos would only be streamed.

In gratitude for your collective insight.

Kind regards.
Kenley

Kenley Neufeld, MLS kenleyneufeld@xxxxxxxxx
Library Director, Santa Barbara City College
721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394
Phone: 805.730.4435
IM: kenleyneufeld
Visit http://library.sbcc.edu