RE: SPAM-LOW: YouTube and MP3s

Subject: RE: SPAM-LOW: YouTube and MP3s
From: "Jed Horovitz" <JedH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:36:58 -0400
Robert,
Music videos are in a state of flux right now.  Some labels consider
them 'product', some use them as 'promotion', others try to have it both
ways.
With venture capital chasing new ideas and new ideas using music videos
as a loss leader it is pretty messy.  Copyright is used a method of
control but since there is very little agreement on what to do with that
control at the various levels of the business there is no unified front
and thus no RIAA effort.

I can discuss this for hours because music video distribution has been a
core business for two decades but don't think it is really fit for this
email since it is mostly about business strategies with only a
smattering of copyright issues.  If you want to discuss, let me know how
to contact you directly.

Jed Horovitz
President
Singing Fool