Journal article question

Subject: Journal article question
From: "Jodi Poe" <jpoe@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:22:56 -0500
Good morning. Our interlibrary loan folks received a request for a journal
article. We follow the guidelines for interlibrary loan requests completely,
so we send articles to requestors all the time. However, this particular
request is for a single journal article for an issue in a particular volume.
Unfortunately, that particular article is the ONLY article in that issue. We
have never run into an issue that only contained one article. My first
instinct was to send it and treat it just like we would any other article.
Since it is the only article in that issue, we started wondering if we were
"allowed" to do that. So, our question is: are we allowed to send a copy of
this article to the requestor? Any advice or guidance provided would be
appreciated. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jodi W. Poe
Associate Professor, Distance Education/Electronic Resources Manager
Houston Cole Library
Jacksonville State University
700 Pelham Road North
Jacksonville, AL  36265-1602
TEL: (256) 782-8103
FAX: (256) 782-5872
Email: jpoe@xxxxxxx

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and
those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss