RE: digital-copyright Digest 16 Jan 2009 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 850

Subject: RE: digital-copyright Digest 16 Jan 2009 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 850
From: "Hughes, Lynn" <HUGHES@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:05:16 -0700
I too would appreciate this same information particularly for Canadian usage.
Thanks,

Lynn Hughes
Library Technician, Copyright
College of the Rockies Library
Box 8500, 2700 College Way
Cranbrook, BC  V1C 5L7
hughes@xxxxxxxxxx
(250)489-2751 .3407
fax: (250)489-8256
http://www.cotr.bc.ca

digital-copyright Digest 16 Jan 2009 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 850

Topics (messages 1591 through 1591):

CD-ROMs and Copyright Concerns
	1591 by: Maria Melssen

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
	<digital-copyright-digest-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:

To post to the list, e-mail:
	<digital-copyright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 14:36:32 -0500
To: digital-copyright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Maria Melssen" <mariamelssen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: CD-ROMs and Copyright Concerns

Good afternoon,

I am a new member to the list and am looking for some information regarding
CD-ROMs and copyright.  We have several faculty members who want to use
materials that are on the CD-ROMs that came with the textbooks they plan on
using in their courses.  Uses are ranging from taking images from the CD-ROM
and inserting them in presentations that will be shown in class (and the
class will be recorded with the recording accessible to students on
BlackBoard/SharePoint) to taking test/review questions off of the CD-ROM and
putting those questions in their tests (which will be administered in
BlackBoard).  Does anyone have any handouts or other resources that I could
share with our faculty about the copyright implications of using CD-ROMs and
how the faculty can use CD-ROMs within the rules/laws of copyright?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Best,

Maria Melssen

Head, Learning and Information Services