Re: digital-copyright Digest 3 Mar 2009 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 865

Subject: Re: digital-copyright Digest 3 Mar 2009 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 865
From: Kathrine Henderson <kathrinehenderson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:28:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

Last Thursday, 2/26. Fresh Air on NPR had an hour long discussion on
the question of use of a "famous" figure.  Context is the debate over the
Obama Hope poster, but the context was broader and two core cases are cited
which may offer insights into the matter.  I'd give you the cites, but I was
listening while I drove to a meeting--I didn't catch all, but what I did hear
was very interesting.  Title of show is Shepard Fairey, Inspiration or
Infringement.  Greg Lastowka was interviewed--I'm not familar with his work,
but others of you might be.

Here is a link:
http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13&prgDate=02-26-2009
&view=storyview

Kat

digital-copyright Digest 3 Mar 2009 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 865

Topics (messages
1618 through 1619):

Re: Rights to the likeness of Personalities
    1618 by:
Patrick Lemelle
    1619 by: Harper, Georgia K

Administrivia: