RE: Really simple copyright question...

Subject: RE: Really simple copyright question...
From: "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:51:21 -0500
I had a situation like this at one of my previous institutions.  We figured
then that if we weren't charging anything AND had a discussion led by a
faculty member, it was fair use. Since yours is limited to students (we
allowed community members to attend) you should be even more protected. We
also had evening showings of films to the drama club as preparation for our
productions, and felt those were safer because it was an official campus
organization.  So if your group was officially recognized as a campus group
with a faculty sponsor, you'd be even better protected.

Janet Brennan Croft
Associate Professor
Head of Access Services
University of Oklahoma Libraries
Bizzell 104NW
Norman OK 73019
405-325-1918
Fax 405-325-7618
jbcroft@xxxxxx
http://libraries.ou.edu/
Book Review Editor of Oklahoma Librarian
http://www.oklibs.org/oklibrarian/current/index.html
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the rising ape meets
the falling angel." -Terry Pratchett