Face to face lectures and Media on Blackboard: TEACH Act?

Subject: Face to face lectures and Media on Blackboard: TEACH Act?
From: Brenda Nelson <Brenda.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:29:53 -0400
I need a second (or third) opinion. At my institution, courses consist of two parts: face to face lectures, and course material posted to the course management software Blackboard. This material includes what I assume are legal copies of entire videos, and entire MP3 files that have been downloaded from web sites. Does the TEACH Act apply to the material posted on Blackboard, even though it is not used in the face to face lecture?

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._

Brenda Nelson
Library Support Generalist
Dana Medical Library
Medical Education Center