Re: E-Reserves question

Subject: Re: E-Reserves question
From: Cary Jardine <cjardine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:24:17 -0400
I'd be curious to know where in the law the "rule of 5" exists.  And do we
know that the 11 articles in question were all from the last 5 years of the
same journal?

On our campus we no longer do e-reserves out of the library, so faculty are
responsible for posting their own course readings in our course management
system.  We do not advise for or against using materials obtained through
ILL as course readings but tell faculty they must make 'fair use' judgements
about any use of a "legally obtained" (e.g., via ILL) copy.

Cary Jardine, MLS
Research and Instruction Librarian
Antioch University New England
Keene, NH  03431