Physical Copy Reserves Question

Subject: Physical Copy Reserves Question
From: "Bryant, Sally" <Sally.Bryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:56:42 -0700
At the main branch our academic library we have been having the professors
sign our copyright policy for everything we put on reserve for them -
including our own copies of books and DVDs. I just found out on of our branch
libraries does not do this because they feel they would just need to have the
professors sign it if it would be duplicated in some way (which we do not
do).

I asked a fellow librarian who is a lawyer and she said we should have the
professors sign for everything - just to err on the side of caution. She also
said we should put a sticker with our copyright policy on our reserve books.

What does everyone do about this? What would be some good wording for a
sticker to put on the books?

Thanks!

Sally Bryant
Head of Access Services