Re: What if the students don't buy the book? Copyright question

Subject: Re: What if the students don't buy the book? Copyright question
From: Brandon Butler <brandon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:18:34 -0500
As a footnote, I should say that not every "image" is copyrightable. If the
image is just a representation of data in a standard format (a spreadsheet,
a simple list of facts or statistics), that data may not be protected in
the first place. Such a purely factual image could not be copyrighted and
would be available for free use in any context.

Best,

Brandon Butler | Director of Public Policy Initiatives | Association of
Research Libraries | brandon@xxxxxxx | @ARLpolicy | w: 202.296.2296 x156 |
m: 202.684.6030 | 21 Dupont Circle, DC