[digital-copyright] Question for the community re: freelancing

Subject: [digital-copyright] Question for the community re: freelancing
From: "Kelley, Jennifer" <kelleyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 10:12:02 -0600
I've recently been offered the opportunity to create IP training materials for
an online marketplace for educators. The work would involve designing
tutorials and guidelines, creating an online course and conducting occasional
webinars but would likely only be 6-10 hours a week. There is also the
possibility of my acting as the organization's designated agent.

In discussions about hourly rates, my contact person has suggested
$60-70/hour. As someone who has never acted in a freelance capacity, I'm
unsure what I should be asking for, though the rate cited sounds very
reasonable.

Does anyone in the community have recommendations or suggestions? I would love
to hear others' thoughts on freelancing in IP and any copyright consulting
experiences.

Thank you and feel free to contact me off-list.

Jennifer Kelley
Reference Librarian/Associate Professor
Speech and ESL/ABE/GED Liaison
College of DuPage Library