[digital-copyright] RE: digital-copyright Digest 7 Mar 2013 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 1201

Subject: [digital-copyright] RE: digital-copyright Digest 7 Mar 2013 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 1201
From: "Marvin, Stephen" <SMarvin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 18:37:44 +0000
Dear Jennifer Kelley,
The hourly rate should be up to you.
You may want to see an average salary for the profession and use as a base to
determine the hourly rate.

More importantly, is about ownership of the material.
Typically, a project such as what you are doing may not determine in advance
ownership of the material you create.
I would recommend you retain ownership and not agree to any 'work-for-hire'
terminology in a contract you may have.
This way, the work you do, is yours and you can use it to build on other
enterprising, innovative and entrepreneurial endeavours.

Best,

Stephen Marvin, MLS
FH Green Library
West Chester University