[digital-copyright] Video transmission

Subject: [digital-copyright] Video transmission
From: "Nowak, Karen" <Karen.Nowak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:58:14 -0500
Hi everybody,
I  have a question related to copyright use. Per instructor request, course
designers would like to use a 25-minute video in the online course.
Much of my background in utilizing video content in courses though the
learning management systems has translated to 1-3 minutes transmission.
However, I am aware that the landscape is changing on these horizons.
On the back of the videotape, it reads, "You can use this videotape to orient
new employees, to educate the community, or to promote your department on
local TV."
Would it be acceptable use to transmit this video in its entirety in a course
management system?
Thank you very much for your time and consideration of my query.
Karen

Karen Nowak, MLIS
Coordinator of Library Services for Online & Accelerated Learning
Concordia University Wisconsin
262-243-4379
800-665-6564
karen.nowak@xxxxxxx