[digital-copyright] RE: Video transmission

Subject: [digital-copyright] RE: Video transmission
From: "Collins, Geraldine" <gcollins@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:19:36 +0000
Karen,
Is there a copyright symbol or statement attached to the video?  The sentence
that you noted doesn't sound like anything is prohibited.  If they are
allowing you to broadcast on local t.v. I would think it safe to place in a
Course Management System, using DMCA and TEACH Act guidelines, of course.
Need to be sure that the message is from the copyright owner though.
-----
Geraldine Collins, MSLS; MPA
gcollins@xxxxxxxx
University Librarian
Sr. Policy Advisor
FGCU Library Services
Ft. Myers, FL 33965

The state of Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any
written communication created or recieved by Florida Gulf Coast University
employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media upon request,
unless otherwise exempt. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public
records.  If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a
public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead,
contact this office by phone or in writing.