[stella] The Games

Subject: [stella] The Games
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 01:54:34 +0500
I actually played Rabit Transit and Survival Island for the first time.  Rabbit Transit is actually a better game than Q-bert IMHO.  Each wave of Rabbit Transit is not only faster but with different stuff going on.  It starts out easy but it definitely gets harder.

Survival Island has to be the first ever 1st person perspective swimming game ;)  The island rising out of the distance is a really cool effect, kinda analogous to "Stealth" on the Atari 400/800 or the Landspeeder wave on SNES Super Star Wars.  So far I haven't managed to survive long enough to get to land.  Those pea-shooter thingies take too many cheap shots.

How about you guys?

And Dragonstomper, well, I've only scratched the surface there.

I dunno what it is about the 2600 that is so cool.  Even with these PCI 128 bit gfx cards you just don't see animation as smooth and free of flicker as you do with these 8-bit hardware-sprite systems.  There is a look and feel that you just can't get with PC games.