Re: [stella] reading paddles

Subject: Re: [stella] reading paddles
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 14:46:29 -0500 (EST)
> Another problem is that the read values are a bit unstable, even if I'm not
> touching the paddles. I don't know if this is a software or hardware
> problem (worn potentiometers or aged 2600 circuitry).

First, let me suggest that you hook up either Circus Atari or Kaboom
and see if you get any jiggle in your player while using the paddles.
If you do get a jiggle, you need to clean the paddles some and then try
it over again.  When the player doesn't jiggle on one of these games,
you have good, clean paddles.

Second, I have had some problems getting the keyboard controllers to
be stable when I read them the first few times.  It hasn't caused a
problem yet, but it could be a problem related to the problem you are
having.

matt

/ | \ http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jvmatthe/www/               | (919) 515 7324