Re: [stella] POLL

Subject: Re: [stella] POLL
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 10:59:47 -0800
At 11:07 AM 3/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>	Just a question here: why does everyone insist on going the cart
>route?  Around here, I have priced my cost per the eventual supercharger
>tape at just over $1 per (American).  Here's the breakdown:

You must stop to consider who you are selling these games to.  If they are
diehards, they probably already have a supercharger.  If you are going to
sell tapes, certainly they DO have a supercharger.  And if you advertise on
the net, they also have a computer.  So why not just send them a floppy
disk with the .BIN if you must create something concrete, or just E-mail
them a .BIN?

Not only that, but tapes are bad because they are difficult to queue up.
If it MUST be a physical audio medium, CDs are best.  Then when you do your
Lode Runner clone, you can have 99 loads.  This would be impractical with
tape.