RE: [stella] When don't ROMs work on the Supercharger?

Subject: RE: [stella] When don't ROMs work on the Supercharger?
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 08:54:45 -0600
Hi,
	I fixed my link on my page (that's what happens when I try
to organize :)  Anyway, the basic thing that happens is that the
bank switch address gets "hit" by some code, and it causes the game
to either change the value in the code, or switch banks.  Check out
that link again for a more detailed explanation.

			Take Care,
				Bob

>Reply to your message of 3/20/97 8:43 AM
>Bob's page says that not all 2k and 4k ROMs work on the Supercharger, and
>gives a fix for the SC.. unfortunately, the link explaining what the mod
>does is broken, and a couple web searches on the subject turned up empty
>too.  I'd like my programs to work on a unmodified 'charger.. can someone
>explain why/when 2k and 4k ROMs crash on the 'charger? thanks!

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/