Re: [stella] 2600 rpg

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 rpg
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 10:22:07 -0700 (MST)
>Although I've been trying to decide which I should do. Would it be best
>to make the swordplay like Adventure, or something where the sword swings
>out in the direction you're facing, like in Zelda.

Adventure is a real pain for swordplay.  Go for the Zelda approach.

>I've also been pondering the dialogue problem. Programming in zelda-like
>dialogue between characters on a 2600 would be a real nightmare.

Not really.  Most of the dialogue in the original Zelda was in the form of
"Buy something will ya" and occasionally a hint like "I bet you'd like to
have more bombs".  Most of this could be represented either with icons
or in context.

>But this project is still a long ways off for me, I've got to finish this
>semester first before I'll get any serious programming time in.

<sniff> I smell vapor.  Anyone else smell vapor?

It's that same smell I experienced when I started that demo.  Oh well.

(that demo is tough.... I'm almost afraid to draw missiles.)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/