RE: [stella] Reliability of Supercharger loads?

Subject: RE: [stella] Reliability of Supercharger loads?
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:21:37 -0600
Hi,
	I will work on Makewav again tonight to see what I can do to make it
more reliable.  If someone would like to send me a DOS .wav player, I can
try and see if I can get the waveforms set to work with that.  I understand
you are having problems with reliability, and I hope you can bear with me, all I can do is try it on my PC and Amiga, and if they work that is the best I
can do.  I will see about adding the ability to select the sampling rate, and
even the waveform via flags in makewav.

				Later,
					Bob

--

>Reply to your message of 3/31/97 9:56 AM
>>Anyways, the thing works, but the loads seem very unreliable, even with the
>>brand new version of Bob's Makewav... I couldn't get the thing to load all
>>the way through more than one time out of ten, and didn't get any fastload
>>wavs to work.  Set everything as close to ideal as possible - MS-DOS mode,
>>DOS wave player by the manufacturer of my soundcard, used the software
>
>The problem is for some anal reason, most Supercharegr files will not load
>when played to the supercharger from DOS.  You have to use Media Player
>for Windows or something.
>
>Unless someone found a DOS player that worked???
>

>--
>Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/
>End of message

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?