Re: [stella] Reliability of Supercharger loads?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reliability of Supercharger loads?
From: crackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 11:41:23 -0500 (EST)
In article <333f5d15.548609@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, you wrote:
>Set everything as close to ideal as possible - MS-DOS mode,
>DOS wave player by the manufacturer of my soundcard, used the software
>mixer to mute the right channel (seeing as how the Supercharger uses a mono
>plug), max the volume of the left channel, and mute all inputs (CD, line
>in, mic in)... turned off all other electronic devices in the room
>including my monitor, even running the player and .wavs off a ramdrive so
>nothing would access the hard disk to cause a glitch in the playback.  When
>that didn't work reliably, I tried sending the signal through my powered
>speaker to amplify it before hitting the Supercharger.. that didn't help
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Sounds to me like you're pumping the volume too high.  The supercharger
works best with a comfortable headphone volume level. Pump it too high and
it distorts the waves and confuses the heck out of the supercharger.

Either that or perhaps there is some sort of gravis problem I'm unaware of.
I'm using an old MV-Thunder sound card that was in a box of junk, along
with a dos player specially for that card. I've had no problems

                                  CRACKERS
                          (On the level from hell!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/