Re: [stella] demo update: PCMSD20.BIN

Subject: Re: [stella] demo update: PCMSD20.BIN
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 20:36:17 -0500 (CDT)
Piero Cavina boldly stated:

>Here's a major update of my current demo. There's a much more here, first of
>all a backround grid of tiles that must be turned on in order to... (watch
>carefully what is going on :)

Cool!

>Again, it was tested only on the three emulators I have, but since there's
>some very time-dependent code in it there might be some bad surprise on the
>2600.

It works fine on my 2600 Jr. w/Supercharger.

>Now the question is: can it become a good game?! I'm not sure yet... please
>send your advices now!

I think there's the beginnings of a unique game here.  Here's my
advice for making it a game, to listen to or disregard at your
convenience.

1.  Assuming you go with your earlier idea of dodging the back and
forth balls lest you lose energy, I think the fast ones will have to
be slowed down.  How about the remaining ones speed up as the player
destroys them?  They'd also slow down as they come back.

2.  I like the bouncing affect of the player, but it would be
difficult to control.  I think you said something earlier about the
player bouncing out of control when struck.  This sounds good to me,
as long as the player regains control after a couple seconds, a la
Kool Aid Man.  (Okay, so maybe the game won't be completely original
after all.)

3.  Uh, I thought I had more but I've now forgotten it.  Keep working
on it, although I can't help but ask, what happened to Mondo Pong?

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/