Re: [stella] Disregard my irresponsible request

Subject: Re: [stella] Disregard my irresponsible request
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:54:39 +0200
>I'm not having a good day with the Supercharger, and it seemed to me
>that the very brief *specs* I had were not good and I wanted to confirm
>how a real program handles the bank-switching.  I did not realize the
>Frogger source was still protected under copyright laws.  Do NOT send me
>a copy of it.

I don't know if my Cubis game qualifies as a real program, but I do
bankswitching like:

CMP $F0xx  ; xx is the control byte
NOP
CMP $FFF8

but

LDX controlbyte
CMP $F000,X
CMP $FFF8

should also work.

Of course you need to make sure, that you are not moving the bank away,
that contains this code, without having some sensefull code on the same
ROM address in the bank, that you are moving in.

I hope this helps a bit, or what exactly is your problem with your program.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

p.s. Chrissalo did a pretty good text on Supercharger bankswitching and
     RAM access. Maybe he can send you a copy.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/