Re: [stella] Graphics

Subject: Re: [stella] Graphics
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:51:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Jim Nitchals wrote:

> At a minimum, I suggest that graphic data be converted & posted as
> binary, i.e.
>
> 	dc.b	%...1....
> 	dc.b	%...1....
> 	dc.b	%...1....
> 	dc.b	%..111...
> 	dc.b	%.11111..
> 	dc.b	%1111111.
> 	dc.b	%1111111.
> 	dc.b	%...1....
>
> (or substitute 0 for the . if your assembler isn't so kind.)

Thanks.  This makes things much more understandable.
After mucking about a bit, I was able to change
Nick Bensema's How to Draw a Playfield program
and make it scroll down instead of up and changed
HELLO to CHRIS.  It's pretty neat to see one's own
name scroll across the screen and know it's running
on an actual atari.

	By the way, does a # tell the compiler that
the numbers right after it are in decimal form,
a $ for hexideciaml numbers, and a % for binary?
If I'm right, this would make some of the code
I've been looking at much easier to figure out.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx

Atari 2600 Fun Facts & Info Guide / Maniac Mansion (NES) FAQ
Tom Swift Books / http://www.grfn.org/~cpepin1/index.html