[stella] Running code in RAM?

Subject: [stella] Running code in RAM?
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 07:02:44 GMT
I could try this, but I'd rather check with you guys before I go tearing my
hair out for an hour figuring this out myself:  is it possible to run code
in the 128 RAM bytes of the 2600?  I don't see any theoretical problems
with the 6507 running code in zero-page, but theory doesn't always apply
around here =)  Running code in Supercharger RAM works (and self-modifying
code is at least a theoretical possibility), so running code in regular RAM
should work, as long as you set up stuff like a jump back to the ROM code
once you're finished.  If this can be done, it would greatly simplify
(maybe make not impossible) something I'm trying to do.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/