RE: [stella] The scores / 48-pixel highres routine explained!

Subject: RE: [stella] The scores / 48-pixel highres routine explained!
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:43:21 -0500
>Reply to your message of 4/17/97 2:24 PM
>My hat's off to the programmers who came up with this thing - "Wow.  The
>above routine just drew the score with no cycles to spare."  Now that we
>know how it works (did it in fact make sense to anyone?), it could be
>modified to display at different horizontal positions.

Yes, you did a wonderful job of explaining it.  At the time that I wrote Okie Dokie I didn't fully understand the code either.  It wasn't until Dan Boris explained the operation of the VDEL that I understood it.  Modifying the code to display at different horizontal positions is not too hard, but doing it on the fly (i.e. not hardcoded) would be VERY hard :)

				Later,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert