RE: [stella] Emulating on a C64 or Amiga

Subject: RE: [stella] Emulating on a C64 or Amiga
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 07:47:40 -0500
>Jim Wrote:

>The slowest 68K based machine to be *theoretically* good enough to run
>2600 emulation would be around a 25 MHz '030, based on my experience on
>Stop The Madness (an Apple II emulator with hand-tuned 680x0 assembly
>everywhere, rewritten several times and tweaked *to death.*)

Jim, I hate to disagree with you, but Apple2000 for the Amiga runs at full
speed on my 14mhz A1200 w/'020.  I think that a properly programmed 2600 emulator could also run on a 14mhz Amiga if enough hardware calls were used instead of system compliant graphics routines.

			Take Care,
				Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert