Re: [stella] Feedback

Subject: Re: [stella] Feedback
From: Robin Harbron <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:52:54 -0400
Chris Pepin wrote:

> I was just curious if anyone is even using Stella-Graph?
> Should I even bother to add anything to it?  If I do eventually improve
> it, what sorts of things would you like added?

Your post reminded me to try it - so I did... it's a good idea,
but not hugely useful at this stage:  This is what would make it
more useful:

Show the whole playfield, as it will appear on the atari screen.
You can only edit the left half, and then you just display either
the same, or the mirror, on the right half.  Also, allow the user
to select how many lines the image should go, I guess from 1 to 192?
or further even, I guess... and then you can scale it on screen.
Also, as neat as those little boxes look, I'd get rid of them, and
get rid of the checkmarks, and plot squares where you click the
mouse, much like a lo-res paint program.  And the data that comes
out of your program, make that "selectable"... you know, so I can
highlight the text, hit CTRL-C and copy it into the buffer, and
then dump it out into a text editor.  Keep up the good work!

Robin
macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx