Re: [stella] How does this look?

Subject: Re: [stella] How does this look?
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 05:12:29 -0700
Lee Seitz wrote:

> Greg Troutman boldly stated:
> >
> >Obviously the gameplay/controls and such matter in determining whether
> >this format is really any good, but purely from an esthetic standpoint,
> >does anyone think this narrow screen is a bad idea?
>
> I think it looks very good, although Piero may be right about the men
> being to big.  I think Donkey Kong did the same thing, that is, make
> the screen appear taller by not using the entire width.

Ah, you're right.  I knew DK was narrow, but I just played it again and
realized it's even narrower than my game.  You know, I think they
actually did a pretty good job on that game, despite the missing levels.

>  One question:
> with only two men below, how do you know how many are left to save?

I was thinking of putting the fuel guage right under the score, and
using the two men as rescuee counters between each flight.  The left guy
would turn briefly into a digit telling how many you'd rescued, and the
right guy would be a digit telling how many were left on the surface.
Or I could tweak things and draw all six men...   maybe.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/