Re: [stella] PCMSG 2.3 (almost FINAL!, now I need a NAME)

Subject: Re: [stella] PCMSG 2.3 (almost FINAL!, now I need a NAME)
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:04:36 +0200
>What can still be improved:
>
>- "balance" of game elements...:
>does the difficulty increases too fast/slow?
>are the enemies/your ship too fast/slow?
>are the asteroids too hard to destroy?
>....and so on..

The game is very good. There are only very little things, that I don't like.

The movement is to hard to control. The ship should just move up and down
the exact rows and back and forth without this speedup-slowdown-bounce of
the border-thing.

When you catch a crystal, you shouldn't be set back a bit.

You should be able to fire single shots as well.

Since you only have two shots per line, enemies and asteroids should not take
more than two salves to be destroyed. Otherwise you'll get run over too often.

Sorry, but I didn't get far enough to say more about game balance.

>- colours; I need to find a set of colors that look decent in PAL and NTSC.

The current colours look good to me on PAL and the emulator.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg