[stella] PCMSG 2.3 (almost FINAL!, now I need a NAME)

Subject: [stella] PCMSG 2.3 (almost FINAL!, now I need a NAME)
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 21:42:25 +0200
Here's the game: now I don't want to change it very much, so if it's a
decent game
it will remain a decent game, otherwise... :)

- Press "Select" to choose a skill level (1-8).
Higher levels = more enemies, less asteroids
The current level number is displayed in the bottom right corner.

- Press "Reset" to start.

- In the lower part of the screen you can find:
An horizontal bar that shows you how far you've gone in the current level.
Blinking bar= danger, the Boss is coming!
Your score (display routine stolen from "Dead Duck", thanks ;), it is
interesting because it's a variant of the well known 6-digits from 2
sprites routine)
Number of ships left (up to four)
Number of available bombs (zero at the beginning).

- How to play:
Shoot the asteroids and eventually they will turn into crystals.
Collect the crystals and drop them in the left part of the screen. Push the
button to drop a crystal, the ships starts blinking when you have crystals
and you can drop them.
When a row of 8 crystals is completed you will gain a bomb. You can't use
bombs now, they're for the boss.
Shoot the enemies to defend your crystals: the enemies that reach the far
left of the playfield can steal the dropped crystals.
Some will steal one and go away, others will act in a more dangerous way...
When the last wave of enemies has passed, the boss will enter. From this
moment you can't use the normal shoots, instead you can drop bombs pushing
the button. The boss must go over a bomb to die; then, the game will start
over with an higher skill level.

What is missing:

- a NAME... please help!

- title screen

- some sound effects

- ROM space... :) there are about 200 bytes left.

What can still be improved:

- "balance" of game elements...:
does the difficulty increases too fast/slow?
are the enemies/your ship too fast/slow?
are the asteroids too hard to destroy?
....and so on..

- colours; I need to find a set of colors that look decent in PAL and NTSC.

- ???

Try it!

Ciao,
 P.