Re: [stella] RPG kernel, currently

Subject: Re: [stella] RPG kernel, currently
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 17:17:30 +0200
>I added the player and his movement.. also, I changed the landscape so it
>looks
>more like a real game and less like a mess :)  I didn't do
>collision-checking or
>bounds-checking yet, so you can move through trees and off the screen.
>The player gets a little screwed up when he moves to the left side of the
>screen.. this is cause my kernel isn't updating GRP0 and COLUP0 in time.
>Other than that, the main landscape kernel is pretty much done.

It looks pretty promising, but it produces a rolling screen on my PAL TV.
It seems as if my old TV can't sync to anything but
STA Wsync
STA Vsync
STA Wsync
STA Wsync
STA Wsync
with nothing inbetween theese lines.

Also you should turn on the Vblank after the last onscreen line. Since PAL
can display more lines than NTSC, you would see whatever is in the TIA
graphics registers for a couple of lines, if you don't turn the display off.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg