[stella] Horizontal Movement

Subject: [stella] Horizontal Movement
From: crackers@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:03:52 -0400 (EDT)
Well summer is over, just a few short days before school starts again and
what have I got to show for it?

I had wanted to programme some more simple tutorials. I had wanted to
begin work on a new game. I had wanted to record a new album. But alas,
as far as music goes I've only been working on other people's stuff, and
as far as programming goes, the last thing I did was that Playfield Graphics
programme back in MARCH! But on the plus side I got lots of paying gigs so
I've paid for my tuition for another year. ;)

Well in these few remaining days before I head back to university, instead of
reviewing my japanese like I should be, I've decided to take another shot
at 2600 programming.

I'm trying to write a programme to combine my previous playfield graphics
programme with a simple programme that draws a sprite on the screen and
then lets you move it with the joystick.

Vertical movement is a sinch, but I'm having trouble with the horizontal
movement.

Could someone please explain to me in simple terms how to move an object
left and right. I just can't get my head around the explanation in the
Stella programming guide. I'm sure it's one of those things (like the Vblank)
which seemed confusing at first, but once explained is simple.

                                  CRACKERS
                         (dazed and confused from hell!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/