[stella] pixel smoothing (slightly OT)

Subject: [stella] pixel smoothing (slightly OT)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:25:31 +0200 (MET DST)
This isn't really a 2600-only subject, but...

I like much more the real 2600 on a TV than any emulator. This is not
because of the speed, but because the tv screen seems to act as an
anti-aliasing, or "smoothing" device that makes the pixels more round, the
colors slighly blurred... definitely better looking than the results of the
excessive precision of today's computer monitors.

This is true for almost any emulator of old game machines, but it is
especially true for the 2600 because its games made a massive use of
color-striping effects, that look much better on tv.

Don't you have the same feelings? But, what I would really like to know...

Wouldn't it be possible for an emulator to emulate also the "good
imperfections" of the tv screen? I've never seen any program doing that.

Ciao,
 P.