Re: [stella] Light gun/pen

Subject: Re: [stella] Light gun/pen
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 12:50:03 -0700 (MST)
>I'm becoming a lot more comfortable with programming the 2600 now -
>I've got a square sprite moving over a playfield under joystick
>control now.
>
>And my C64 playbin program is working really well now, just going
>to start working on the docs for it - perhaps I'll work on a bit
>of a 2600 tutorial, not that I'm an expert :)

Probably more of an expert than me, my last demo didn't even use the
joystick.  Yet I wrote a text file/source file that seemed to help a
lot of people.  Perhaps you could format it to 40 columns and include it,
or add similar documentation for your program.  Whichever you think would
encourage more C64 programmers to come over to our side.

Since C64 users are a bit cavalier about piracy, and most of them
will be expecting it to come with a complete game.  So, you might
as well throw in the Combat and/or Adventure source code too if
you can, maybe add some incentive to download by including a game
most people don't already have.  Or if you want to be as legit as
possible, maybe you could use Okie Dokie, Oystron, or Dark Mage.
Preferably one where the source code is freely available.

And if you've got the room, FTSFX or any other 2600-side programming
utilities.