[stella] Pix

Subject: [stella] Pix
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:15:39 -0700 (PDT)
Anyone curious about the documentary should check out the page I just set
up:

http://www.primenet.com/~krishna/

Storyboard table clickable for full images (screengrabs) and one large WAV
file that I think you will all get a kick out of.  It ends with Al Alcorn
saying "there may still be things..." which, in context, means that there
may still be things left to be discovered on the 2600 which have never
been done.  This ties in beautifully to the thread not so long ago about
the Galaxian double clone/strobe technique and the creative use of
missiles as "pseudoplayers".

Realize that this list does not exist in a vacuum--totally isolated from
the mysterious figures who created the unit and wrote the games that we
spend so much effort trying to understand and appreciate.  They may not
sub to the list, but they are all aware that we are still writing for the
2600.  And many of them miss the purity of VCS programming and the way it
brought out their creativity.

Most relevant for the list, I'm hoping that I'll be able to distribute the
source to Solaris and Bob Smith's games so we can absorb their techniques.
But the source to many of the Supercharger games was already on the CD for
you to study.  Within the limitations of their memory and whatever source
they have lying around, these veterans are still an invaluable resource
for us.

== Glenn Saunders     http://www.lawguru.com/production/production.html ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/  ==
==       Stale homepage @ http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698       ==