RE: [stella] Design decisions

Subject: RE: [stella] Design decisions
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:27:37 -0600
>I always thought U.S. Games Commando Raid was similar to Saboteur with
>changes to the gameplay (tunnels, not standing soldiers) to make it
>more 2600 friendly.  You still have the central rotating gun, the
>airplanes dropping paratroopers, and the parachute-shooting action.

Been a while since I've looked at that game, and I just did... Yes, it is a lot like sabotage, but some of the fun elements are taken out (shooting the parachute and watching the guy fall to his death, multiple shots).  What do you all think, is it still a worthy idea to make my version?  I think I can make it a lot closer to the real thing than Commando Raid is...

				Thanks,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert