Re: [stella] Source for DASM?

Subject: Re: [stella] Source for DASM?
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:10:06 -0800
Nick S Bensema wrote:

> I think it would be advantageous to try and port the latest DASM we can find.
> Eckhard

I think you mean me.

> has version 2.12 or something like that, and DASM 2.0x won't compile
> Dark Mage because of it.  (I wanted to try and test some new fonts for it.)

I'm not sure what we're gonna do about this, but I put the complete
source package for DASM 2.12 at http://www.crl.com/~mor/dasm212.zip in
case anyone wants to try and compile/port beyond Linux.  I can't
understand why source for this version is so hard to assemble with
v2.02, but maybe someone will figure it out and modify this version to
make it backwardly compatible with all the 2.02-based source around,
while still compiling my code ;).  Another area this program could stand
to be improved in is the error reporting.  It's pretty hard to decipher
most errors...  I personally don't have any desire to change assemblers,
so I strongly suggest this become the "standard" flavor for 2600
development ;)  I'd guess someone has tried to contact Matt Dillon about
this software, and passing on any info on how he feels about us mucking
with it would be appropriate.  BTW, I also use this same package for
6803 and 6811 assembly, and would appreciate it if anyone does upgrade
it, that they not remove that feature...

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/