Re: [stella] Source for DASM?

Subject: Re: [stella] Source for DASM?
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 06:51:18 -0800
Teknovore wrote:

> Is source code to these important utilities a problem? If so, I'll offer
> to write an assembler better suited to 2600 programming, and I'll make
> sure it compiles for all the different platforms people need it for.

A "from scratch" assembler probably isn't necessary.  If you've got a
lot of time, then fine.  Otherwise, you might focus instead, on just
getting the latest versions of DASM, Distella and Makewav ported to all
the various platforms people are using.  The source is available to all
three, and perhaps Bob Colbert and Matt Dillon would not mind if you did
further "official" upgrades to them, distributing a standardized version
for them across many platforms...  It would be kinda neat if NES and
2600 developers were mostly using the same assembler and disassembler,
with different header files... That would be a tremendous service.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/