Re: [stella] Xmas Program-- MacStella problems!

Subject: Re: [stella] Xmas Program-- MacStella problems!
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 23:16:45 +0100
>But isn't the 6507 reset vector at $FFFC? Sorry, I think that you're
>wrong.. look inside any .BIN 2600 file.

Yes, you are right. $FFFA is the (nonexistant) NMI vector. I mixed
that up, sorry!

But I already have a new theory. :-) Due to the fact, that your
program is so short and so many bytes are the same value, Stella07
can't detect the BIN type right. It assumes a Superchip BIN, if
the first 256 bytes are the same value. Maybe it has a bug in that
routine. If you save the following as STELLA.VCS into your STELLA
directory, both demos should work fine:
===Begin of STELLA.VCS===============================================
VCS-Script
(begin

  ;;
  ;; Properties for Cavtron
  ;;
  (if (member Cartridge.Image '("CAVTRON.BIN" "cavtron.bin"))
    (begin
      (set! Cartridge.Name "Cavtron")
      (set! Cartridge.Type "4K")))

  ;;
  ;; Properties for Christmas Demo 01
  ;;
  (if (member Cartridge.Image '("CHRDEM01.BIN" "chrdem01.bin"))
    (begin
      (set! Cartridge.Name "Christmas Demo 01")
      (set! Cartridge.Type "4K")))

)

>wow! i've taken that code straight from Oystron, so if what you're saying
>is correct, I could save 4 bytes...
>
>I think it would be nice if one could turn on and off the background music
>in Oystron. I'm going to see if I can find the space..

Your game is so compact, that you could probably add two more levels
in those four bytes. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg