Re: [stella] JTS/Atari

Subject: Re: [stella] JTS/Atari
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 01:16:15 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Chris Cracknell wrote:
> I did not know that Russ was in negotiations with Bridgestone when I
> contacted them as Glenn had posted on RGVC he was giving up on the
> CD out of frustration with JTS, Activision, and Bridgestone.

I gave up on the COMMERCIAL CD, which was depressing.  Bridgestone has
ALREADY agreed to a reasonable royalty per CD on the commercial CD for
their games, but the CD would not have sold in retail outlets without more
mainstream titles such as the Atari catalog.  JTS was the stalwart here,
and we found no willing publishers (Activision would have been ideal).

Because of its planned completeness (huge catalog), decent presentation
vs. Action Pack, and better emulator, I think it would have sold briskly
if properly promoted.

The whole reason for a reissue of the old CD is to find a home for
outtakes from the documentary that may not otherwise see the light of day.
In so doing, errata can be fixed, some people who were left out can get
the CD, and we can create a pleasing presentation for new games completed
via this list.

Hopefully, with all the non-Starpath material likely to be on this CD or a
2nd companion CD, Atari and Bridgestone should allow Cyberpunks to profit
from it.  If we can't, then I'd either can the project or release a CD
with everything except the Starpath stuff for a profit.