Re: [stella] Binary rom files

Subject: Re: [stella] Binary rom files
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 98 23:04:54 -0500
>O.K. Here is a stupid question. I've been trying to use the INV.bin and
>a few other *.bin files, however, when I unstuff the them on my Mac I
>cannot play them. The Mac considers them to be Stuffit Expander files.
>Can anybody help me out? I'd like to try these games on Mac Stella. Ive
>never had problems palying teh *.bin files by downloading them before.

First drop the *.bin's on top of Stella's ROM Autotyper.  This will make
the machine think that they were made by Stella instead.  This could also
be done through ResEdit, but the ROM
Autotyper is much easier.

If you still have trouble, email me and I'll see if I can't clear up the
problem.

Hope that helps,

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx