[stella] variations on a theme

Subject: [stella] variations on a theme
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:11:40 +0100 (MET)
I'm putting together some ideas which could be introduced into INV.
If you've some interesting feature in mind, please let me know...

- player-seeking invaders-bombs: before disappearing, the bombs move
horizontally towards the player for some pixels.

- (you'll like this): if you miss the invaders and the saucer, the whole
formation goes down one row :-)

- wild-saucer: it comes out continuosly, but you must not shoot it (or
you'll die).

- floating shields, like in Atari Space Invaders.

- challenging stages: each n-th stage is a challenging stage. Here, the
invaders formation is not complete, and they can't drop any bomb. The goal
of the stage is to kill al the invaders starting from the topmost row. If
you make a mistake, that is you kill an invader before finishing all the
upper rows, the stage ends and you lose the bonus points. Each stage will
have a different, more difficult, invaders formation.

BTW, don't ask for invisible invaders... I'd have too many things to change.

P.