Re: [stella] variations on a theme

Subject: Re: [stella] variations on a theme
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 19:55:12 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Lee Seitz wrote:
> I love this idea!  I have a feeling there's not going to be enough
> room in the Inv kernal, though.  I would add to this that if

Remove 2-player cooperative, then.  The arcade never had 2-player
cooperative, as I recall.  That was added for 2600 Space Invaders, and so
when space is a concern, I say remove stuff that has been done before.

> Also, maybe the mothership doesn't replace invaders at a set rate.
> Maybe it builds up an inventory at a set rate, but can disperse them

The mothership could be handicapped by being larger than the base, and
also be HOLLOW inside.  If it's a moving 4-char than the inventory could
build inside as little dots or eggs.  After a certain point, if the
invaders are not dispersed, they would pop out one by one automatically.

> as it wants by using down or up (along with the button to avoid
> misfires?).  Likewise, maybe the "defender" can replace his shields.
> Just some ideas.

Or maybe if you hold down on the stick and tap the fire button you can
select a shield and when you release it, the shield starts glowing and
explodes forward into a megamissile that blasts everything in that
vertical strip.