Re: [stella] Macs Obsolete?!! Hey buddy, watch it! ;)

Subject: Re: [stella] Macs Obsolete?!! Hey buddy, watch it! ;)
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:59:18 -0500 (EST)
> HEY!!!  Wait a sec!!!  _Everyone_ knows Apple is the number one choice
> for publishing and graphics design, and, after I throw away another few
> weeks of my life working on it, Atari 2600 game developement!  Having
> cornered those three fields, how can it _ever_ become obsolete?!! ;)

It's quite ironic when you see a PC Magazine or (more likely) Wired
article bashing the Mac, going on and on about how Apple failed, etc...
then you flip a few pages and read the fine print "Layout for _Wired_ is
done with PageMaker 5.0 running on a Power Macintosh" :)

To drift a little closer to topic, Macs don't (yet) beat the PC for 2600
development... sure, you do need four (possibly five) separate programs -
editor, assembler, makewav, playwav, and possibly an emulator... but we've
got great programs in each of those categories, and a little old-fashioned
batch file makes editing and testing a one or two step process.