Re: [stella] Screen shots

Subject: Re: [stella] Screen shots
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 06:05:57 -0800
Edward Federmeyer wrote:

> What's a good way to get screen shots of Atari 2600 games?
>
> Do any of the IBM-PC/2600 emulators support a "screenshot" hotkey, where
> I can get the game into a state then hit 'f1' (for example) and have a file
> saved such s screen1.pcx?

I use a program called Image Magick, which was originally for X, but I
understand there is now a Windows NT version.  It's freeware and really
tremendous for all facets of graphics manipulation.  I used to use it a
lot more back in the old days when I was a Java developer ;)  But now
the screen capture and editing features are very nice for snagging
images of games being played on any emulator.  You can do things like
tell it to capture a whole sequence of screens automatically at a timed
interval (and make an animated GIF from it if you like) or just capture
when you click the mouse on the window, etc... Virtually all known
output formats are supported.  Editing features like taking two or more
successive "frames" from a game with flicker, and ORing them together
are possible.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/