[stella] ok, the price is right (maybe)..

Subject: [stella] ok, the price is right (maybe)..
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:36:06 +0100 (MET)
At this point, I think we'll go with $16+shipping (or was it shipping
included? uh-oh..) - I mean $5 to me for each cart. I think that it will be
more rewarding to know that there are more Oystron carts around, and maybe
make a smaller profit, than selling less carts to make a little more money.

As for the color, hi-quality labels... I doubt that this will be possibile.
I'll have to ask Randy, but this would certainly raise the price. And this
would reduce the number of buyers. And after all I don't think that one will
not buy Oystron because it does NOT come with a color label. Also, remember
that that the actual b/w artwork is very nice.

Ok, Okie Dokie carts came with a cool color label, but they were made by Bob
himself, and it was a limited edition. Oystron won't be limited.

An almost zero-cost, interesting option might be to prepare the color
picture and put a TIFF file of it on the net, so that anyone who wants his
de-luxe label can have it printed to put on his cart!

Also, the carts should be individually numbered. I think that you bloody
collectors will like this.. :-)

To answer other questions:

The SC-enhanced "Director's Cut" :-) is definitely shelved. Last year was a
good one for this kind of things, but this is not. Sorry.

A dip-switch multi-cart with my games, all the demos I've done and maybe
INV2 could be an interesting idea. I think that it wouldn't be much more
expensive than a single game cart, the major problem would be how to cut the
hole in the plastic for the switches. At this point, why not a multi-cart
with all the new 4K games... but let's think about this no sooner than 6-9
months, ok? :-)

P.