Re: [stella] ok, the price is right (maybe)..

Subject: Re: [stella] ok, the price is right (maybe)..
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 16:49:55 -0500 (EST)
In article <199801280936.KAA09943@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, you wrote:

>As for the color, hi-quality labels... I doubt that this will be possibile.
>I'll have to ask Randy, but this would certainly raise the price. And this
>would reduce the number of buyers. And after all I don't think that one will
>not buy Oystron because it does NOT come with a color label. Also, remember
>that that the actual b/w artwork is very nice.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Randy doesn't really do much in the way of lables or manuals. He'll
include a very generic looking, made with Print Master, black and white
lable in the $6 production fee. But if you want something fancier you're
on your own. For "Rescue Bira Bira" I made my own colour labels and manuals
(as well as bonus Bira Bira stickers) and used the $5 I got from each
cart sale to pay for that. I foolishly purchased Avery Ink Jet 8.5x11
lable paper. This stuff is expensive as hell. You can fit 6 2600 labels on
a sheet. I then printed them up on my colour inkjet and the labels came out
pretty nice. I also printed out the bonus stickers the same way. I have
recently discovered that Grand And Toy sells a house brand 8.5X11 sticker
paper. It is much MUCH MUCH cheaper ($18 as opposed to $60 for the same
amount of Avery lables). Even though it doesn't specify Ink Jet on the
box, I haven't noticed any difference in the print quality. So if you go with
the generic brand of lable paper you'll still be able to make a profit.

The one thing you'll want to be careful of is the design of your label.
Randy uses scavanged carts for parts so your game may go to one collector
in an Atari cart, yet to another in an Activision or even Imagic cart.
You'll want to design a lable that will work with all carts. I made
the Rescue Bira Bira lable to work with an Imagic cart. This seems to
be the most versitile as it will fit on the face of the other carts and
the part of the lable that folds down the slanted face of the Imagic
cart can be cut off and used as an end label on the Atari and Activision
carts.

Incidently, Randy doesn't cut or fold, so you'll have to cut out all your
labels and fold your manuals before you send them to him.

And the $16 price includes the shipping.

The first 7 RBB carts went out with the generic Hozer lable. I didn't
have the software to make my own labels at that time. Then I got
Lotus Freelance Graphics and it's great for designing lables.
I then mailed replacement labels to the 7 who had the generic ones.

The manuals I designed on the same programme. Just a simple sheet
printed out landscape style and then folded in half to make a pamphlet.

                                CRACKERS
                  (Can't wait to see your cart from hell!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/