[stella] z26 -- vertical blinds

Subject: [stella] z26 -- vertical blinds
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:12:26 -0800
Since I know that at least Piero, and maybe Nick were curious, I thought I'd
let you guys know that vertical blinds, the updating of even pixels on even
frames, and odd pixels on odd frames is now available in the latest version
of z26.  It's currently an "easter egg" video mode accessed with the -v3
command line switch.  I haven't documented it because personally I'm not
sure it's quite ready for "prime time" yet.  I think horizontal blinds would
work better.  But I haven't heard from Erik lately so I don't know if he's
going to do it or not

Other than that, if you haven't seen how z26 currently handles blinking
objects by default, with it's new 60Hz video modes, you might like to check
it out...  It's pretty cool.  Oh, and we can use a PC joystick now too :)

Take it easy,

John
http://www.whimsey.com/z26.html