RE: [stella] New Games

Subject: RE: [stella] New Games
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 08:56:38 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Eric Christensen wrote:
> as long as you don't laugh  at them :-),

This mailing list was designed to get people to participate together in
the game-creation process.  I do think the best games in the past were
created in an atmosphere of "peer review".  This was certainly the case at
Atari, Activision, and Imagic.  Beyond constructive criticism, there are
some on the list who have volunteered to optimize others' code to free up
bytes as you hit the 4K ROM/128byte RAM limit.

If you were to complete your game on your own to your personal
satisfaction and then present it to us there may still be weak points in
it that your own eyes couldn't see.  By revealing the game to us in stages
we can provide our unique viewpoint of the look and the gameplay for you
to evaluate.